The intended use of the aspirator when used properly is to clear your baby or toddler’s superficial nasal mucus congestion, allowing for improved breathing through the nostrils. The results are not guaranteed as there is variability in circumstances from child to child.
How To Use Dr. Rose’s Baby Nasal Aspirator Bulb:
- Inspect that the components are intact and then fit the nozzle snugly onto the bulb to make a good seal.
- Hold your baby in a comfortable and secure position – cradled in your arms, upright, or on a secure surface where they are protected from rolling.
- Gently place the nozzle in one nostril and then squeeze and release the bulb. Air flows into the tip and out the vent, but mucus stays in the bulb. If you don’t get it right away, don’t worry, you can actually squeeze and release a couple more times for repeated suctioning without the need to set it down. It’s OK to repeat until you feel the mucous has been cleaned out!
- Repeat in the other nostril.
- Clean aspirator after use.
How to Clean:
Once you are done using the aspirator, simply pull the nozzle off the bulb and run the parts under the warm soapy water in the sink to clean it out. It’s so durable it can withstand the dishwasher and even boiling in hot water to sterilize it. Shake off excess water and set it out to dry until next time.
- Dishwasher safe. Disassemble the parts and wash out the contents in warm soapy water prior to placing in the dishwasher.
- Boil in water for 5 minutes. Allow water to cool completely prior to removing and setting out to dry. Do not assemble while parts are still warm.
- Sterilize. Place disassembled, prewashed and rinsed bulb parts in a microwave or plug-in steam system designed for silicone nipples and bottles. Follow the steam system manufacturer’s instructions for sanitizing, cooling, and drying silicone infant items.
Dr. Rose’s Medical Tip
When your baby is congested, it is helpful to apply a drop or two of nasal saline for infants or children into the nasal cavity, wait 30 seconds to a minute so it soaks inward, and then aim Dr. Rose’s nasal aspirator slightly into the nostril and squeeze and release for suction.
Keep out of reach of babies and children.
This product is intended to be used by adults on babies and toddlers to clean their noses.
Never push the aspirator too far into the nostril. Never use in baby’s mouth or ears. Wash and dry thoroughly before first use and after each use. When storing, keep away from heat and bright light.
This product is not a toy.
In no event shall our company be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, or special consequential damages, to property or life, whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of our products.